Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Still Not Funny.

Maybe my expectations are a little unreasonable sometimes. Maybe it's high standards. But, I definitely expect people who put themselves out to the world as entertainers should be a little better at monitoring their own entertainment value. I.E., if you're taking up TV time or movie time or, case in point, radio airtime, you need to ensure that the entertainment value in your performance is worth the audience's time. It's really an issue of opportunity cost and frustration of legitimate expectations: I don't have to listen to you, I could listen to something else, but since I chose to listen to you, you better make it worth my time. Needless to say, my legitimate expectations were frustrated today.

I was driving to school today and turned the radio to 97.1 to listen to the Adam Carolla show. Due to the disfavor I expressed in the previous entry, I thought that maybe I was being unfair and that giving the crew another shot was warranted. But alas, my worst fears were realized. Dave, the sports guy, coughed up the same exact bit he did just yesterday with WGW and had the following interaction (again, content paraphrased due to the fallacies of human memory):
WGW: Hey Billy, how's it going?
Dave: It's not Billy, it's Dave.
WGW: Billy, are you a man or a figure skater?
Dave: My name's not Billy. It's Dave.
WGW: Right, Billy, I gotta go. My pick for tonight is the US women's hockey team and then parlay that with the Finnish curling team.
I really don't know what's going on, but I think I may have to listen tomorrow just to see if this comes up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home