Monday, February 13, 2006

Not Funny.

I don't like Adam Carolla's new radio show. He's still funny, but everything else about the show is pretty lame. All they really do is bring people in and make fun of how they talk. For example, he brings in his friend Oswaldo and makes fun of his thick Latin accent. Or today, he brought in "Deaf Frat Guy," a fifth-year student from USC and made fun of how he talks. Because he's deaf. It's really not funny.

And then there's a couple other annoying people on the show. For example, the guy who does the sports (Dave?) had this bit today where he was calling Wayne Gretzky's wife ("WGW") in Torino, who has been implicated in this big gambling scandal. Here's the paraphrased script (Note: by "paraphrased," I mean, the content was paraphrased, I did not purposely make this not funny. This is really what it was):
Dave: Hey Mrs. Gretzky.
WGW: Hey Billy.
Dave: It's Dave.
WGW: I have to go bet on skiing and other winter games.
Dave: What's the deal with curling? Is that even a sport?
WGW: I can bet on it. So it's a sport in my book, Billy.
Dave: It's Dave.
WGW: I don't know who Dave is Billy, but I have to go gamble.
Come on now, even Seacrest is funnier than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home